In this how-to video, we show you exactly how to create a custom tab for your fitness studio’s Facebook page. This is a great opportunity to showcase your class schedule, before and after photos of your members, customer testimonials, and more.
So rather than taking people away from your Facebook page, a custom tab allows you to encourage people to take action right away, or highlight something you want them to know about your studio.
Watch the video below and follow steps 1 – 14 below:
- Step 1: Login to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Step 2: Click “Add a New App” in the top right corner
- Step 3: Choose your display name and category, and do the security check
- Step 4: In the dashboard, click “Setting”
- Step 5: Click “+Add Platform”
- Step 6: From Select Platform, choose “Page Tab”
- Step 7: Customize your tab with the Tab URL (this is the page you want people to see) and the name of the tab that will appear on your Facebook page
- Step 8: Click “Save Changes”
- Step 9: Take this link and we will modify 2 sections: “YOUR_APP_ID” and “YOUR_URL”- http://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL
- Step 10: To modify the link, first go to settings in your app to find your app ID and sub it out in this URL from Step 9: “YOUR_APP_ID”
- Step 11: To modify the second portion of the URL from Step 9, copy and paste the “Secure Page Tab URL” from your settings and sub it out with: “YOUR_URL”.
- **Here’s an example of what the updated URL can look like:
- Step 12: Go to that updated URL
- Step 13: Choose which Facebook page you want the tab to be added to
- Step 14: Click “Add Page Tab” – you’re done! Now head on over to your studio’s Facebook page and see the tab you’ve created.
Mike Arce is the CEO and founder of Loud Rumor, a lead generation company for fitness studios and independent gyms that supports their customers with sales training and techniques to grow and scale.
Mike has spoken for companies like Infusionsoft, the Better Business Bureau, ASBA, and Local First – all on the topic of Local Business Internet Marketing. He has a passion for local businesses and helping them grow. You can get fresh, updated tips from Mike here.