Content creation and distribution has quickly become one of the top “musts” in the marketing world. Your fitness business needs to jump on board if it hasn’t already. And here’s the first stat that explains why …
- While content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, it generates more than 3X as many leads – Content Marketing Institute
What does content marketing include? Email, blogs, social media, videos, white papers, etc. It’s the creation of online material that’s intended to add value to your audience’s life and spark interest in your brand.
Below you’ll find 15 more stats that explain tips/ why it’s so important for your gym to pin down its content marketing plan.
Importance of Content Marketing
- 60% of marketers who create at least one piece of content per day won’t find it nearly as challenging to get leads as those who are inconsistent at it – eMarketer
- Conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters – Aberdeen
- 61% of consumers say that they are more likely to buy from a company that provides custom content – Dragon Search
- Email marketing has a 2X higher ROI than cold calling – Close.io
- 53% of emails are opened on a mobile device. All your emails should be mobile friendly – Campaign Monitor
- Subject lines with the recipient’s name are 2.6% more likely to be opened – Close.io
- Blog content is getting longer and more visual. The average blog post is up about 19%, coming in at about 1,050 words in length – Orbit Media Studios
- Long-form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form blog posts – Curata
- Companies who actively blog tend to receive 55% more site traffic than those who don’t – HubSpot
- People spend 3X longer watching live video than pre-recorded video – Social Media Today
- Live video is outpacing the growth of other types of online video, with a 113% increase in ad growth yearly – Livestream
- Facebook users comment 10X more on live videos than they do on regular videos – The Motley Fool
- Captioned video ads increase video view time by 12% – Facebook
- 41% of Americans say it’s important that the businesses they engage with have a strong social media presence – Hootsuite
- Video posts have a 135% broader reach than posts with just photo or text – Social Media Today
If you’re ready to dive into your fitness studio’s content marketing but aren’t sure where to start … we can help. Here are 75 content ideas for your fitness business including blog topics, live stream topics, and e-book/ guide topics. Swipe the file for FREE to get started!
Mike Arce is the CEO and founder of Loud Rumor, a lead generation company for fitness studios and independent gyms that supports their customers with sales training and techniques to grow and scale.
Mike has spoken for companies like Infusionsoft, the Better Business Bureau, ASBA, and Local First – all on the topic of Local Business Internet Marketing. He has a passion for local businesses and helping them grow. You can get fresh, updated tips from Mike here.