Blog, Fitness Featured, Fitness Marketing, Marketing for FItness, Social Media
6 Fitness Business Tools and Resources We Trust
In any business, it’s great to incorporate different online tools and resources into your processes to encourage automation, improve customer experience … and even get more customers.
Since niching in the fitness industry, we’ve spent a lot of time building relationships with companies that we know the studios and gyms we work with want to learn more about. You may have even seen a few of these as guests on The GSD Show!
Below is our list of the top 6 tools we love and trust, and an explanation as to how they can help take your fitness business to the next level:
1 – MINDBODY
This is one of the top automation softwares in the wellness industry. MINDBODY is “the world leader in software for class- and appointment-based business.” Studios use this to:
- Manage online bookings and upcoming class schedules
- Send follow up emails after someone’s workout to increase retention
- Send automatic reminders via text message to people who booked with you
- Manage their online store (if you sell fitness products like clothes, yoga mats, etc.)
2 – Podium
Podium helps you seriously increase your credibility through online reviews. “Podium not only helps you know when new reviews go live, it helps you generate more reviews to get found, get chosen, and get insight.” Studios use Podium to:
- Increase their number of reviews and star ratings on review sites like Yelp, Facebook, Google, etc.
- Respond to reviews sooner. Podium’s insights alert you as soon as a new review is posted so your team can engage with it
- Boost their local SEO so that they rank higher when people search for their workout service online
- Improve their customer service based on reviews and input from members
3 – Causely
***(if interested, use the promo code LOUD to get your first month free)***
“Causely helps businesses generate social media referrals by giving back.” Causely helps fitness studios gain more exposure on Facebook and Instagram while simultaneously serving a greater purpose. Studios use this to:
- Increase their word-of-mouth exposure through Facebook check-ins (or tagging your location through Instagram)
- To give back to a charity. Each times someone checks in to your studio through social media, Causely donates to a greater cause
- Get instant referrals through their leads’ and members’ network
- Improve their brand recognition and earn a charitable reputation
4 – Zipwhip
This is a great solution for texting your fitness studio’s leads and members. “Zipwhip enables businesses to send and receive text messages from their existing landline.” Studios use this to:
- Use landline phone numbers to text their audience from their computer
- Text pictures of class schedules, free passes, etc.
- Setup campaigns where leads can text a specific word to their number to redeem a free workout
- Send group texts as BCC messages
5 – Olark
Olark is a live chat software that gets embedded on your site. “Your customers want to chat with you. Answer their questions before they leave.” Fitness studios use Olark to:
- Engage with more visitors on their website. You can see when people are on your pages and message them directly
- Answer their website visitors’ questions in real time
- See exactly what their visitors are looking at. Olark documents what pages your visitors look at, and how many times they visited those pages
- Get feedback through Olark’s survey on customer service
6 – Design Pickle
This helps your content dreams come to life. “Design Pickle is a graphic design service built from the ground up to help you be more creative on a daily basis.” Studios use Design Pickle to:
- Design health and fitness infographics that they can use in social media
- Do basic photo edits and manipulation
- Design event flyers and other promotional items (trade show materials, stickers, etc.)
- Create content graphics like blog headers, email headers, social media quotes, etc.
Are there any other tools that have made a huge difference in your fitness business that we didn’t mention here? We’d love to learn more about them! Let us know what you think of these 6 and feel free to ask us any questions along the way.