As a gym or fitness studio owner, getting more leads is essential. Creating simple videos to share on social media is an effective way to do this without too much work on the owner or team’s end.
More than 500 million people watch video on Facebook every day … and 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos. Video content is an awesome way to get your gym in front of more people and generate more fitness studio leads.
There are two options to create videos:
- Record it ahead of time and upload it to the social media platform you want to share it on. Native videos, which are directly uploaded opposed to sharing a link, have 86% higher reach than YouTube links.
- Do a live video. 80% of people would rather watch live content from a brand than read a blog. People also spend 3X longer watching video on Facebook when it’s live.
The Effectiveness of How Posting Video Content Gets Fitness Studio Leads
- Video content helps to quickly demonstrate how a gym’s services can benefit potential clients.
- People are more likely to engage with video content than written or image content, leading to more conversions and leads.
- Video content allows gyms to show off their facilities, exercises, and classes in an engaging way.
- Video content on social media gives viewers insight into the culture of a gym, helping them feel more connected.
- Videos can be used as tutorials for exercises that people can do at home, providing value even when they’re not visiting the gym.
- Gyms can use videos to showcase customer successes stories and inspire others to take action and join their membership.
- Videos are shareable and have a greater chance of going viral than other types of content.
- Short clips from workout classes give viewers an idea of what exercising at the gym is like without needing to be there in person.
- Highlighting achievements or interesting activities through video encourages others to experience the same within that particular gym.
- Living footage gives viewers a sense of authenticity which resonates more deeply than static images alone ever could.
15 Fitness Related Video Topics To Film
But for those of you who aren’t sure where to start or what topics to create videos about, here are 15 simple video ideas help increase fitness studio leads:
- What to Eat Before and After a Workout
- Good Carbs VS Bad Carbs
- Good Fats VS Bad Fats
- Thoughts on Diets Such as Paleo, Keto, Atkin
- Vegan: Pros and Cons
- The Best Breakfast Foods
- Is it Bad to Eat Before Bed?
- How Much Water Should I Really Drink Every Day?
- What are the Most Effective and Healthy Supplements?
- To Stretch or Not to Stretch and When to Do it
- What’s the Best Time to Work Out?
- The Truth Behind Fruits and Vegetables
- When it Comes to Chicken, White Meat or Dark Meat?
- Best Exercises to Burn Fat
- The 8 Benefits of Yoga
These are just 15 ideas, but there are countless topics that you could talk and video about. Think about the questions that you get asked the most by your members or topics that you see are trending online. If the topic is valuable to your members, it’s worth creating a video about to help generate more fitness studio leads.
Keys to Feeling Comfortable on Camera
- Get familiar with your equipment: Knowing the controls and settings of your equipment will ensure smoother recordings without experiencing any technical issues when using audio or visual equipment.
- Position of the camera: Setting up the camera at eye level will make it easier for viewers to connect with you as if they are talking directly with you.
- Rehearse beforehand: Practicing before filming can help reduce anxiety and boost confidence when speaking on camera.
5 Tips on How to Create Quick Videos without Expensive Equipment
- Set up ample natural lighting – Natural light is essential if you want to record quality videos without expensive equipment. Make sure the room you’re recording in is well lit, or find a space outdoors that allows enough light for your video.
- Use a smartphone or laptop camera – If you don’t have access to a professional camera, opt for a smartphone or laptop camera instead. Many of today’s phones and computers come equipped with great cameras that can produce visually appealing videos.
- Invest in a decent microphone – An external microphone connected to your device will help make sure that your audio comes out sounding clear and professional instead of muffled and scratchy.
- Find an interesting background – A plain background is often ideal for quick social media videos, but you can also get creative with patterns and colors with the right props and backdrop.
- Shoot with intention – Before shooting each video, take some time to plan and conceptualize what kind of message you want to convey and how you can do it effectively in a short amount of time. Doing this ahead of time can save both energy and stress when editing later on!
Use Rev to Caption Your Video
85% of Facebook videos are watched without audio. Add captions to increase the amount of time people watch your videos by up to 12%. When you add captions, people are likely to watch it longer and engage with it. You can use a tool like REV.
The videos you produce don’t need to be filmed with expensive equipment. A quick Facebook Live or recorded video from your phone works great.
Check out this video where Mike Arce goes over these video ideas!
Jump on a FREE STRATEGY CALL with us today!